Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Look at Camp K-20 in Bear Mountain, NY





Lake Kanawauke or Little Long Pond is it's other name. It never changes! Kids are swimming, canoeing and kayaking all day long!





Craig's parents "tent", really it's a cabin; there's actually a real roof under that tarp. The tarp kinda makes it look shabby, but actually, it's quite cozy and comfortable inside with an eat in kitchen, living area, 2 bedrooms and a screened in porch. The tarp is there for.....nostalgia?




The Outhouse! All the facilities have indoor plumbing with sinks, showers, and washing machines but when you have "to go", it's off to the outdoor "john"!!! (shhh, our's has an indoor one!)







The laundry!!! We thank God for sunny days so we can catch up on laundry! A "Linda Fun Fact", I LOVE, love, love to hang laundry and hand wash dishes! I find it so relaxing.....


Craig was born on July 1st (45 years ago this past week). He was no sooner out of the hospital and he was up at camp visiting his grandparents who spent all their summer here! This summer camp is celebrating it's 90th anniversary!!!





3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Craig!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your time at Camp K-20. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested in application for this Camp. As a boy, I often visited the camp with my Uncle Herbert Dartsch, who was the Lifeguard or Waterfront Director at the Lake for many years. Now that I live in close proximity (New City, NY,) of Seven Lakes Drive & enjoy all the splendor that it offers, wondering if I can now revisit my childhood wonderland in my senior years. Please advise & if possible email me Ray Murray at crayrayrun@aim.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to am one of the original Campers that was there as the Hunkins Clan, I would so love to come back and visit and bring my Husband! Is the Conklin House still there to get a room? Very excited to hear back from you! We currently reside in Omaha, NE and can't wait...Thank you and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete